The 'BIG' Message
A SMALL PARK DELIVERING A ‘BIG MESSAGE’
At the Alameda Wildlife Conservation Park we:
"will be a proactive and positive contributory force, helping to preserve and conserve nature, wildlife and biodiversity”
We will achieve this by:
- Raising public awareness of conservation issues, through promotion of local and international conservation relative to nature.
- Providing the best possible care for all animals at the AWCP. Each exhibit takes into account the natural habitat of its resident species, not only enhancing the lives of the animals here but also engaging and immersing the visitor into the natural worlds of the animals.
- Teach and inspire people of all ages and backgrounds to engage in conservation of wildlife and habitats.
- Where practical, take part in European and international breeding programmes that help protect endangered species.
- Raise awareness of important conservation issues and biodiversity both locally and globally. Encouraging and inspiring conservation action and the preservation of species within their natural habitats.
- Caring for and when necessary, re-homing customs seized species into appropriate facilities. We educate and help people to choose exotic pets wisely while supporting international campaigns against the illegal pet trade.
- Pleading, encouraging and promoting sustainable living. Leading by example.
- Providing education on the illegal pet trade and raising awareness of and showcasing important conservation projects.
The AWCP will accomplish these goals by focusing on Gibraltar and its surrounding area’s regional flora and fauna in conjunction with other world regions.
Through education we seek to inspire people, young and old, to care about the natural world and instil a life long passion for conservation.
You can access our latest Annual Report HERE
CONNECTING PEOPLE WITH WILDLIFE